Join one of my group classes. You’ll be introduced to the basic principles of the Technique and benefit from the group dynamic. Group classes are especially good if you’re not in a lot of pain and are good at taking basic ideas and applying them to your specific situation on your own. All group classes are geared toward those with no prior experience with the Alexander Technique—but anyone at any level of experience is welcome to attend or repeat a class.
Introduction to Constructive Rest
This virtual five-session class was live and recorded. The live class has ended but the five class recordings are still available for purchase.
One of the simplest ways to help yourself improve your posture, reduce excess tension, and manage the effects of stress is the Alexander Technique Constructive Rest practice.
Although this class is specifically designed for those new to the practice, those who’ve used the practice for years will find ways to deepen and enliven it. In addition, Alexander teachers may find new ways to introduce and teach the practice to their students.
What’s covered in the 5 sessions:
- the why of the semi-supine rest position
- simple anatomy everyone benefits from knowing
- setting your mindset
- simple tools for coming back into the present
- harnessing the power of attention and awareness
- what are Alexander Directions and how to use them
- ideas for doing other self-exploration while on the floor